There is no doubt that breast milk is best, especially in the first weeks after birth. Babies should be fed at least every 2 hours. If you're a new parent, you certainly want to give your child the best care possible. Breast milk is the way you can do this. Breast milk has got at least a hundred constituents that are not present in formula, that your child needs, and be much healthier and happier.
Benefits of breastfeeding
1. Breast milk is naturally designed to provide all the nutrients your baby needs in the right amounts.
2. Breast milk contains antibodies and other protective factors that help to fight infection. Breastfed infants are known to have decreased risks of respiratory and ear infections, gastroenteritis, diabetes, Crohn’s disease, autoimmune diseases, SIDS and obesity, among many other problems.
3. Breast milk is easily digested and is less likely to cause stomach upsets, diarrhoea or constipation.
4. Breast milk is cheap, readily available, the right temperature and fresh.
5. Breastfeeding speeds the process of your uterus returning to its normal size and can help you to lose the weight you gained during pregnancy.
6. Breastfeeding can reduce a woman’s risk of developing breast cancer.